Next Tuesday our house is going to look like this.
We'll be mixing these ourselves again. (No pre-mixed as we feel it's always kinder to keep a pre-mixed slot open for someone who doesn't have help to mix IVs).
To do this for two whole weeks.
Joint decision between us and the team to give Sophie two weeks of IV antibiotics before the real winter sets in despite her chest being a little frisky at times, she's still fairly well and we want to keep it that way.
There was a brief mention of Ciprofloxacin orally however Ian politely told Soph's CF consultant he could have her at his house for the duration if she was going back on it :)
He declined but feels it's sensible to give her an annual blast of IVs so this is where we are at.
They are more than happy with her weight (see previous post if you haven't already), her dietician had a little giggle at the letter and said to continue as planned.
Sophie managed to do an on demand sputum sample in a pot as well as a cough swab so hopefully only MR Pseudo will be present.
Plan is to flush port next week instead of being done today so it can be accessed in one go and then start IVs.
No overnight stay which is always a blessing :)
Wish us luck as it has been almost a year since we last did battle. Sophie will be attending school the whole time too hopefully. I have a meeting with the school tomorrow morning to break the news.
Take care all :)